Alcohol/Tobacco Policy

Looked through the forum and I could not find any posts concerning this. By policy I mean the toleration for the inclusion of such items in videos. The main question I have is the toleration levels for this. For example, as “juuling”/vaping is a fad right now, if a creator was to make a comedy video about vaping or “juuling” would this breach the rules of v2? This is assuming said creator is of legal smoking age. Additionally, would videos containing alcohol (such as those found on Instagram pages like “Do It For State” “Barstool” or “Total Frat Move”) be tolerated? This is, again, assuming the content does not contain self harm or underage drinking, which I am presuming would a big no.

5 Likes

I dont think it’s necessary, if the person is on the legal age to do that there would be no problems.
This is one of the reasons because V2 is +13

3 Likes

I do believe there should be a policy on this as v2 has a wide audience and if small kids see someone vaping they may think is cool and try to copy this behavior.

3 Likes

I’m not positive but I believe that, technically speaking, v2 would need to be 13+ to use the app due to the fact that it requires a user to have an account to post. In order to have an account on a site (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Gmail) you must be at least 13 years of age. Not a lawyer so I’m not solid on this :wink: but I do believe that is the case. Please correct me if I’m wrong. The only reason I make this point is that the age limit would not directly state the toleration of Alcohol/Tobacco.

2 Likes

Is there an age restriction for tobacco use? It depends a lot on the laws of each country because V2 is an international app, For example in your country the consumption of alcohol is +21 instead in my country it is +18 or in Georgia the minimum age is 16

4 Likes

You kids shouldn’t drink or smoke. But I plan on drinking and smoking in all of my videos on V2. :love_you_gesture:t4:

3 Likes

Now here’s a real role model.

5 Likes

I like your style

3 Likes

I need my vape tricks on my V2 feed. How else can I be woke?

2 Likes

I guarantee I will embark on a drunk spam fest of posts at least once every 6 months. This can not be helped.

I’m also sure I’ll mix music over cloudy bits of air that may, or may not, be vape in nature. This also, can not be helped.

Omg can’t wait bruh :ok_hand: :joy:

I think if the app has an adult section it should be filtered there

2 Likes

I think if there is videos of vaping, smoking, or drinking it should be ok as long as its making fun of it and not glorifying it.

1 Like

Truth right there :clap:

If people are of age it shouldn’t be be necessary… kids will see people vaping everywhere I don’t think a 6 second video is going to encourage them to pick up a life changing habit… but who am I to say.

2 Likes

I am absolutely against the affordable sale of any tobacco products. Children still do not understand how this can harm in the future. It’s better for me to do more stores where can i buy electronic cigarettes online .Because most teenagers smoke only because they want to appear older and cooler. At least it will not beat on their health