Advice on making vids

I just got Byte and I like that it’s new because there’s no pressure on what you post or how many followers you have or whatever, because everyone is pretty much new accounts here. That being said, I don’t know what to post or how to even begin. I have no idea what “category” I’m in. I don’t know what suits me best, and it’s discouraging when I make a video that I really like and only get feedback from bots. Give me advice😭 I’m just trying to have fun with this

9 Likes

What kind of videos are you making?

2 Likes

Just like any other social media platform, just be consistent. Really thats the key. Make friends and support eachother.

9 Likes

That’s my problem I don’t have a “type”. I’ve tried a few different types. I had some funny vids I posted, I posted some cute videos like of my dog and family, and I’ve also posted a travel vid. I thought I could experiment around and see what suits me best, but it’s hard when I only get interaction from bots. Idk if that made sense😬

2 Likes

The best way to make videos is to be authentic and post content that you would find value in (funny, informative, creative, etc.) if you came across it from someone else.

If you aren’t sure what category you belong in pick 2 or 3 categories that you’re intrested in. For example I like to place myself in Pets, Funny, Art and the rare occasion Gaming.

I struggle with the same over thinking hurdle. I just posted a video today that had been on my phone for 3 days because I wasn’t sure about it.

In summary pick a few categories you enjoy, don’t be afraid to hold of on posting a video if you aren’t sure and be yourself! That’s my best advice.

7 Likes

If the bot feed back is your biggest concern, try engaging and interacting with other creators like you are here now as well as on the app. They will be more like to engage back with your content thus lowering the bot responses.

4 Likes

Thanks!! That helps a lot🤙🏻

2 Likes

I see what your saying, to get it popular is a lot down to luck. Still not quite figured out what makes a byte successful.

1 Like

Yeah I think because it’s a new app there’s still a lot of growth to do. I don’t really mind being popular, right now I’m just looking to connect with other users, but I only see bots and fake accounts. That’s with every app though Ig. Bots suck☹️

1 Like

Yeah it’ll definitely get better, keep going!

1 Like

I’m gonna do daily vlogs and prolly talk about music and school.

2 Likes

Hey, my advice for you, is to do what you like the most, then record yourself doing that thing. then maybe trim that video down to the best of that video.

So, like, if you just love playing the f**k outta some games? Freakin play your Nintendo Switch, record some of that sweet gameplay, then trim it down. And you can always voice over it later, to add a bit of FLAVA, yknow yknow.

Idk, man, do whatever is “you.” You’ll find your audience.

Be strong, young padawan :v:t5:

6 Likes

Hi I’m @Glockwave

1 Like

I never thought of vlogs, I feel like because the videos have to be so short it’s giving me a creativity block if that’s even a thing.

1 Like

I think it’s important to make videos you have fun doing. That will come through in your video and your less likely to get burned out.

4 Likes

Just wanna say this is one of the healthiest takes I’ve seen on social media. Nowadays it feels like everyone only cares about clout, not connecting and having a community.

I’d say post according to what you want. If you want to meet new people and connext, try to find other people with the same kind of content you post, and talk to them. Right now there is no DM, but that will happen in the future. Whenever I made friends in other social media it was always through keeping up with them and chatting, until we found all the stuff we had in common and began talking outside the site

9 Likes

it is a thing just like writers block, which i believe is one of the categories creativity block is in.

1 Like

Best advice I’ve read!

3 Likes