Ads suspended on Logan Paul's videos

Yes, It is unfortunate to see! All of the youtubers i watch are non advertiser-friendly lmao but since the demonetization began, some have began to get direct sponsors. A brand in-line with their niche will reach out to them to promote a product during the video, of course, and that seems to work! Typically, it’s always the same sponsor in every video so that brand essentially invests in that creator.

I think that is a good way for demonetized creators to go right now!

Advertisers have always had control over where their content is placed. Tv has stability. “This is nickelodean, we only play content for kids 2-16”.

Lego, for example, will play their ads on Nick with no fear that their ad will play before/after a show that is not appropriate for kids. They would never have to worry about that kind of controversy. Just Pay & Go.

Youtube doesn’t have that stability at all. Logan Paul with the dead body, and the dead rats, Elsa Gate, Jake Paul with a thumbnail of him in his boxers with his girlfriend in lingerie straddling him, etc. Content on youtube is not regulated like it is on TV. On Nick, you can turn on spongebob and know that your 7 year old can watch it without supervision. With Logan, for example, you never know what you’re going to get.

Youtube has to clean everything up and as quick as possible so there will be kinks to work out with normal content being demonetized but once the platform is stable, regular content shouldn’t have those problems anymore

2 Likes

It’s surprising that he’s getting punished for that stuff, but there are other creators doing similar stuff. David Dobrik has periodically tazed his own friends, scared them with dangerous animals, and done crazy stunts that wound up hurting people. Don’t get me wrong; I like his content, he does get consent to do this stuff most of the time and he doesn’t overdo it, but there will be a time when someone sees his video(s), says “That’s f***ed up”, and he gets suspened

**let’s hope he doesn’t, of course

2 Likes

Oh wow, I didn’t even know that. I think the main reason why David wasn’t punished was because not many people must of brought up the fact that he did this so it didn’t get Youtube’s attention.

1 Like

Yeah, you pretty much nailed it! Now I’m just hoping for the best that some good creators can still keep doing their thing

2 Likes

Right, and it seems strange to me. But now he’s calmed it down with his antics, so it should be no big deal (I was referring to his content from last year, btw)

2 Likes

I am as well!

There are definitely ways they can earn money in the meantime and I hope they utilize them whether it be a patreon account or even merch!

2 Likes

He tased a dead rat. Now I think people are blowing this out of proportion.

2 Likes

Idk, I do not know much about it because I’m never interested in it. What it seems is that they’re slowly destroying it

1 Like

This was definitely the right move. And Logan Paul is such an extreme case I doubt that this will ever happen again. It wasn’t just the flagrant disregard for showing a corpse to ten year olds that did him in, it was his continuation of this behavior with tasing dead rats (at the clear disgust of his friends) and pulling a live koi out of a pong and "performing CPR on it"
He’s a monster, and doesn’t deserve the support of the platform.
There’s also the fact that ads were suspended. That’s not an indefinite ban on ads appearing with his videos. It’s temporary.
Then there’s the fortunate/unfortunate fact that people who make their living on YouTube don’t make it off of their ads. They make they’re living off of merch and sponsorships. This means that if they did this to anyone else (unfairly) they’d still be ok. They’d be upset, but the wouldn’t be out of a job. This, unfortunately, means that the suspension is just a slap on the wrist for Logan, and he will probably continue to push the envelope.

1 Like

Agreed. He has a lot of underage followers.

1 Like

I agree with you, and Youtube has shown that they’re taking initiative on channels that break the rules of conduct. Remember that youtuber over the viral video where he would throw water onto Londoners’ faces? Youtube ended up deleting his video. The whole thing just seems unstable at this point. Youtube could be only targeting extreme cases, but there’s little doubt that youtube could abuse its power, I mean it has happened before.

1 Like