Ads suspended on Logan Paul's videos

Has you might have heard recently, Logan Paul lost his right to have ads on his videos thanks to his behaviour in recent times. What’s your opinion? Was Youtube right in doing this?

3 Likes

This is very scary. YouTube has now put in a policy where they can bypass their 3-strike system and just remove all of a channel’s ads without notice. I get everyone hops on the “hate the Pauls bandwagon”, but looking from a wider scope just shows how crazy this is. People earn a living off of YouTube and I’m POSITIVE that YouTube will remove all ads from channels without reasoning or from a mistake. This can easily screw people financially. It’s just the nature of YouTube at this point. Regarding them doing it to Logan Paul, I think they went a bit far. No channel, regardless of what they do, should have ads removed. Either suspend the channel or don’t remove ads. (My thoughts).

3 Likes

I agree that it was an interesting and questionable decision.

1 Like

I see your point, and I am with you when you talk about how scarily powerful is YouTube. Regarding the Paul’s situation I think YouTube acted correctly. He showed a dead body, and used for entertainment, and that’s clearly over how YouTube should be used

1 Like

I would personally disagree. No channel should ever lose all their ads. If something was done wrong, suspend the channel. If the channel has not been suspended, it’s not in any violation and should not have ads removed.

1 Like

Susan Wojcicki (CEO of YouTube) recently said in an interview that they won’t ban his channel because he hasn’t broken any of the guidelines.

There is a guideline against violent/gory content, and I’m pretty sure the dead body and tazering the rat falls under there. But she said he didn’t break any yet, so they can’t ban him (which shows the clear favoritism).

BTW, youtube won’t remove your ads for “nothing.” He clearly did something wrong. You would have to do something to that extent, and then get a great amount of backlash from the community for youtube to do something like that.

3 Likes

I think it was a correct decision. The advertisers need to be protected and they need to feel protected or they’ll pull out altogether. If youtube isn’t taking measures to prevent brands ads’ from playing on abhorrent content that goes against the company, they won’t trust youtube with their money. If they don’t trust youtube with their money and advertising, then youtube will ultimately see less money meaning creators will see less money

1 Like

Everyone eventually gets backlash from the community but that doesn’t mean ads should be removed. And to boot, Logan Paul’s video did not go against YouTube’s guidelines. The video was flagged, reviewed and kept up. It was Logan who removed it. I just find this sort of new rule is extreme.

1 Like

everyone does get backlash, but not to that extent. Trending all over twitter and having multiple videos made about you is a whole other level.

Had another youtube done the same thing, that video would have been removed by youtube. Just because youtube kept it up doesn’t mean it wasn’t against the guidelines. It shows that they favor logan paul

3 Likes

Yes. Anyone who behaves in the manner that the Paul brothers did, deserve no spotlight or recognition. They shame themselves

1 Like

Why not? It’s the same thing if you do something stupid at work; you get suspended or fired. YouTube is perfectly in the right as an employer to do this. They were in violation.

1 Like

If you were a YouTuber and made a living off of YouTube, then you would better understand how crazy this is. YouTube decides what’s in violation and his video was not as it was reviewed. But I’m not discussing the video, I’m talking about monetization.

1 Like

The problem is that monetization is dependent on advertisers so advertisers have a big say on what is eligible for monetization and what is not

Many big brands have pulled out of youtube advertising which is why youtube began getting strict. As more controversy comes, more brands pull out so youtube has to either make big changes to keep current advertisers and maybe get advertisers back or lose monetization from ad revenue altogether

They’re bringing out sponsorships where viewers can directly support creators but I am hoping that they and V2 can figure out a viable way to allow creators to monetize their videos aside from ad revenue

1 Like

Yes, he made a mistake. But, I think he didn’t do that intentionally to get some views. As he was going through the forest he saw a guy hanging and wanted to tell everybody that suicide is a shameful thing, but many of us think that he made fun of that guy!

2 Likes

Yes advertisers are a big part. I find that YouTube seems to let the advertisers run the site. They dictate what videos the majority will upload and won’t upload. Personally, I think advertisers are too strict. I mean advertising on YouTube is far better then television as you get analytics in far more detail.

2 Likes

Yeah, he makes a living off of YouTube. YT gets to decide how their creators should behave and what ther TOS is. I see nothing wrong with this. YT is within their rights as an employer to remove monetization as they see fit.

1 Like

Very cute.

1 Like

If advertisements weren’t youtube’s breadwinner, I’m sure they wouldn’t let advertisers have such a big influence but unfortunately, that’s the current situation /:

I definitely feel bad for full time creators, they’re paying for the sins of a few but it was inevitable. From what I read online, some advertisers for big brands have insinuated that logan paul’s video are the type of videos that do not want their ads on and have stated that if children aren’t protected and if youtube doesn’t continuously work to improve their platform, they will pull out

There should be another solid monetization method catered towards “non advertiser-friendly” creators everyone has a chance at earning a full-time living through their creations/work

2 Likes

I’ve seen creators with non-advertisier friendly content begin to suffer on Youtube for doing stuff they love to do; it upsets me that something like that happens. And this is just the beginning. What’s going to stop advertisers from pulling out over any type of video (let alone non-advertiser friendly) when the creator is just making regular content to prosper?

1 Like

Didn’t Logan tase a rat? It’s funny how he says sorry for the suicide forest vid and tries to raise awareness but a few weeks later he posts another disguising video. Has he no shame?

2 Likes