Account Banners

I have come across this in a few apps and it seems to make everything cluttered. Basically, I think that there should only be one type of channel banner/Background with NO customizations. It just doesn’t fit on a small phone screen.

EDIT: Bio and Profile Pic are still wanted

What do you think? Am I missing something important? thanks.

3 Likes

Yes, I like the idea of a clean profile page. Other then a pfp, maybe banner and bio, there should not really be anything else customizable and should all look the same.

3 Likes

It would look more neat if they would keep it clean with no customization for the banner/header.

1 Like

Yeah, I think I agree with you, I feel like if everything is kept tidy and organized, it would be more pleasing (at least to my eye :joy::wink:)

1 Like

What do you mean?

1 Like

Just keeping it clean and simple seems to do the job very well!

1 Like

i like the idea of no customization apart from a bio and a place to paste links, and obviously a profile picture

1 Like

Yes, Bio and Profile Picture are a must

when the banner just like facebook or youtube, i think, no banner for v2. or make simply banner and different

1 Like

Well we already know who got banned V2 :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I like the idea of something more compact for a phone screen, but I think it’d be cool to have some sort of in-line banner. Ideas:

• same height as profile pic
  • choose from pre-made options?
  • text/bio on top of the banner
    etc…

If it ends up being too large than I say ditch it all together but otherwise I like the idea of added customization.

1 Like

What do you mean by this?

The bio should have a low limit for text:

OK. Hi! My name’s Kase and I make comedy vines!

Nope. Greetings, My name is KaseKlosed >.< hehe, I like to make super funny vines for you and all your friends to watch!

By eliminating long bio’s we can keep a profile sleek and straight to the point.

1 Like

I see where you are going with this. maybe with a simple 150 character limit. What about links to outside medias?

1 Like

Not even 150, look here is 150 characters

150isalittletoolong. 150isalittletoolong. 150isalittletoolong. 150isalittletoolong. 150isalittletoolong. 150isalittletoolong. 150isalittletoolong. bittoolong.

If we want it to be short and simply 50 characters (excluding spaces) would suffice.

1 Like

Honestly I think we shouldn’t have a profile banner should keep things simple and slick looking.

1 Like

With the old Vine you could change the color of your profile, I think if we leave it at that plus your profile picture it would be clean yet refreshing, having a banner could be beneficial perhaps the banner could have a link imbedded into it which would give it more functionality and thus have more of a “need” to be there.

3 Likes

My thoughts exactly :+1:t2:

2 Likes

i personally don’t like the idea of banners, that being said i would like it if you could chose a banner from a set of pre-made selections, like you said. it keeps it simple.

1 Like

for something like v2 I can dig not wanting customized banners/headers, especially if the profile layout will be anything similar to vine, but I think being able to colorize your page would still be cool. vine had I think 10 choices and that was good for me.