Accidentally downloaded the fake app, now what?

I know, I know. I’m pretty embarrassed about having done this but I’m sure I’m not the only one! I got excited and was using it before I found this forum.

For those of you who didn’t make the mistake, here’s what happened. I downloaded the app onto my iPhone, logged in through an instagram authorization and began putting up 6.5 second videos. You could upload videos (not JUST create them in the app, it was as if the app was already “jailbroken”) which was an awesome improvement to the original app. My fake v2 account automatically followed 26 people. I gained 5 followers in the two days I had the app. I noticed that the people I automatically followed had no more than 20 videos uploaded yet had 92,000-93,000 followers. It was a bit laggy but a fun experience for creation. They had a bunch of sound effects loaded in to layer with video.

I revoked the app’s access to my instagram account and logged out. I’ll be uninstalling th app shortly. Any suggestions on keeping my instagram account safe? I’m a bit worried about it after this.

2 Likes

Good thing you revoked access. Perhaps try changing your instagram password, cause theres no harm in that. better to be safe than sorry. I think you’ll be fine

6 Likes

aha! knew I was missing something. thank you!!

1 Like

I downloaded it just to see what it was like and it didn’t seem to do anything. I did hide my IP and used an Instagram which I never really use but it hasn’t seemed to have done anything so far. Will change my password though

2 Likes

What was it like? In terms of structure?

1 Like

I downloaded it too & it looked like the real thing but now it’s just terrible

1 Like

Good work to revoke the app authorization

2 Likes

the overall design wasn’t too bad but it wasn’t incredibly limited

3 Likes

Lol it’s okay you didn’t know it was fake… next time don’t believe anything unless it’s from @dom

1 Like

Nothing, try and forget about that vile thing they called an ‘app’ :laughing:

2 Likes

I really do not want to download it. If I read here that the official app is coming out I am one of the first to do download it.

1 Like

I didn’t do my research! At least it got me thinking of skits so I’ll be ready when it comes out for real :slight_smile:

1 Like