Accepting a joke

Could you accept a joke that someone made no matter what it is (besides a dead person or disability)?

4 Likes

um i’m deaf, so if someone makes a joke about that, i’d probably joke along. it’s an impairment that affects me, so i might as well make fun of it lol.

18 Likes

If someone made a joke about me I honestly wouldn’t care much cause words are hollow. :man_shrugging:t2: (Unless it’s obviously meant to make me feel horrible but at that point it’s not a joke I guess)

8 Likes

Personally I like black humor, BUT I’m confortable with it when I am in private with my close friends where I know that no one else will hear our conversation and so get offended; I wouldn’t expose myself and make a joke like those in public (at least over the limits) because I know I can offend somebody and I always try to bring respect toward others. Though often I can’t help but laugh when I hear a joke that can be not so family friendly and in general I don’t share the idea that “on certain things you mustn’t make jokes”, cause on my own I want to be able to consider funny whatever I want

5 Likes

if you make a joke to make others laugh, but they personally didn’t find the humor in it (even if you thought it was funny) i’d be hard to accept what turned out awkward as a joke.

7 Likes

I’m saying this cause now days I be seeing jokes on social media and In person that someone makes and people be getting too offended at it especially if the joke is too little.

7 Likes

Yes and no “jokes” can go too far that it annoys you to the point that someone is removed from your life because saying the same thing every time you see them can get annoying and turn crazy toxic crazy fast… :blep:

7 Likes

Honestly I didn’t know, that’s pretty cool tbh. One of my favorite coworkers is hearing impaired and she just got implants to help her hear and I always spaz when I see her like “YO ARE THEY ON YET? CAN YOU HEAR MY UGLY VOICE??” Lol I know it’s all caps but I don’t yell at her I’m just hype :rofl:

8 Likes

Besides?? Nah… Idk man.

2 Likes

It’s called dark humour… :grimacing:

4 Likes

Dark humor is amazing, only if you don’t joke about certain dead people and disabled people. My garbage “friends” love calling disabled people horrible things (not to their faces thank GOD) and joking about Auschwitz and saying that Hitler is their daddy. It’s DISCUSTING

4 Likes

Why is dark humor like food? Because not everyone gets it…

4 Likes

I’m okay with pretty much all jokes besides racist or homophobic ones. There’s a difference between funny and rude and I appreciate comedians who know that.

5 Likes

I mean everyone (including our own race) will make a racist joke. Long as it isn’t too racist or homophobe u should be cool with it especially if the person talks about everything

4 Likes

Yeah, when I say “racist or homophobic jokes” I really mean comments that have the sole purpose of being prejudice but dressed up as a joke to justify them in the minds of their tellers. Pretty much hate speech that’s formatted like a joke = not funny or acceptable.

5 Likes

I like dark humor as well and I really don’t care if it’s about my race either, I can take it all but as long as nobody else is offended!

2 Likes

You can call it both

5 Likes

it’s okay, i don’t make a big deal about it. i have a moderate hearing loss, meaning i can hear without my hearing aids but not very well.

might make a few bytes about it lol.

6 Likes

Do it lol

4 Likes