Accept the chaos or log off for a bit x

Perspective, friends. There are more pertinent things to get up in arms about besides kids on the internet. I’ve been pretty active on this forum over the last 24h, and some of you are being so unreasonable and entitled, even I feel like roasting you. (disclaimer this post is not directed at the people who have been hurt by genuinely nasty comments - I’m sorry you’re being subjected to it. the internet can be cruel.)

We’ve seen an influx of thousands of kids. Some of them are really sweet. Some of them are straight up a-holes (kids have always been a-holes, that’s just real life). These kids have grown up on the internet so they’re also hardcore trolls.

Most of the annoying superiority debate about them has been from grown men, and maybe it’s because you didn’t truly understand this before… but now you know: kids are brutal. They will 100% let you know their opinion of you, and if you let it bruise your ego - that’s on you. Yes, some of them say vile things that are not ok, but most of them don’t condone those kinds of hurtful comments.

The unfortunate reality of the internet is you’re subject to a mixed bag of people, whether you like it or not, and there is no comment moderation, so we’re seeing it all. Adults are also just as inapproriate online, and that’s worse because they should know better. It’ll settle down once they find their own community and they discover the content they like and then they’ll ignore you. But initially, your videos are all they’ve seen and so they troll. And if you take it personally and fight back, they’ll come for you harder.

SO please can we stop whining about it and accept it for what it is. Because it’s happening. The kids have actually been nothing but nice to me, but then again, I don’t think I’m “/funny” so I don’t make content that sets me up for ridicule. They’re smart. I’ve interacted with countless adults who are less self-aware than they are. Some of them really like it here, and I think there’s lots of great potential in that. From what I’ve seen they’re used to a lot of toxicity on TikTok so they’ve just got their backs up, and some are just looking for reasons to bully people and make themselves feel big. Trolls. People like that have been on the internet since forever. They’re not worth getting worked up over. There are plenty of decent ones who actually want to stay on the app, and be a part of our safe space. It’ll calm down eventually.

These are just a few of the comments I’ve recieved so that you can see there is an alternate side to the hateful stuff. Feel free to keep the “positivity” going in the comments, because these kids pranked the president of the U.S, remember? Credit where credit is due, and I’m personally happy to have them.

17 Likes

FTS im out:) i made cool stuff cause i loved the community . i don’t love this community.

My experience just differs from yours I guess. I’ve had a few hundred negative comments and literally 1 positive comment since yesterday. I think it’s okay if some people are a bit upset by this. Logging off may be the best idea for some people right now but I also think it’s fine if others want to discuss it.

3 Likes

I’m glad I am getting nothing except for replies to other people’s Bytes.

it’ll return. just give it time and don’t let it ruin your day, is all i’m saying.

4 Likes

The increase of new comers to byte are a great addition to the app. Many people on the forums come here to complain and yell at others who have differing opinions so the forums are nearly as bad as the negative comments people are seeing. If people can’t handle the change they have no choice but to get used to it or face fighting with hundreds of people at the same time who are on the app just to have fun. Far to many people think they have the sole vision for byte all figured out and cause uproars when the tiniest changes happen. The forums started off as being a supportive place, but now its full of judgement for anyone who has a differing opinion. Everyone here thinks they are right and it’s disgusting how upset people get over change, even if the effects are unknown. Props to you for your post :clap: :clap: :smile:

5 Likes

of course it’s okay to be upset, but the constant whining about something out of our control isn’t productive. it’s the same grown people i’ve seen saying the same things and who clearly won’t be happy until the kids are gone, which isn’t going to happen. a little roasting is healthy, and tbh some of you lot could’ve done with some a while ago :no_mouth: lmao

4 Likes

I don’t see anyone yelling at anyone else here though…

1 Like

Saying "no <3“ isn’t roasting imo, it’s just repetitive and uncreative

1 Like

Ahh but it’s happening everyday. Getting angry dms from people telling me my opinion is wrong is hilarious. Literally got one the other day because I said tiktok people are welcome here but they shouldn’t recycle clips that are from famous tik tokers. People jumped on that saying I was in the wrong lol

2 Likes

you were just repeatedly yelling at kids in a different thread :eyes:

1 Like

Don’t go. I have complete faith in our base community and I know we will create a new positive normal. :heartbeat:

3 Likes

two things would solve this instantly. a toggle for private public access. and increase the auto filter to trash any comment with multiple emoji no love or KYS messaging. actually the first would be enough. Make me my own gate keeper then its my fault who gets invited to the party.

5 Likes

that’s not the kind of roasting i’m talking about. but exactly, those comments are not creative. a lot of their content is not creative, and they’re nothing without the editing features on tiktok. they’re well aware of that, too. all the more reason not to let them bother you :innocent:

1 Like

You’re exaggerating. I haven’t yelled at anyone.

exactly, but give the poor developers a chance. it’s been like a day and a half. that’s the point of my post, no point getting irate about something we can’t control yet.

1 Like

getting called a pedo is fine then? do you know what 4 en her or any variation of that is or what it means, or how bad that is? my kids are my translators to this generation and they are being disrespectful as shit.

1 Like

Actually, if we want the developers to implement these features, it’s important that we voice our concern for these issues early so they see that people want them.

then do it in a productive way, my guy. there are plenty of threads with helpful suggestions. enough of this same, tired, back and forth about kids being kids and having a go at them for how their generation acts.

Accepting and logging off for a bit.

1 Like