Accent challenge/Collab?

Brought on by the sad, sad reminder that non-brits are incapable of pronouncing Worcester, I thought it might be fun if we had some type of challenge or (potential collaboration) comparing accents, or region phrases/slang?

7 Likes

Lol, this sounds interesting

3 Likes

I mean, I’ve obviously still got my British accent, but even looking at the difference between the way people speak in Portland, Oregon, versus Phoenix, Arizona is…

3 Likes

Agree… Or east coast vs west coast :sweat_smile: (the southern state would be interesting)

4 Likes

My Irish accent isn’t that great but I can always try

3 Likes

You betcha a Minnesota don’t ya know accent would be funny too

4 Likes

I love me some accents! I am so game for this!

2 Likes

(This was inspired by the fact that non-brits can’t pronounce Worcester or Worcestershire sauce, btw. Don’t think that’s the theme we’ll go with but https://byte.co/b/GCG83TKbRwb is how you pronounce it correctly)

What do y’all think would be a good thing? There’s the classics…vehicle…pop/soda…

2 Likes

do I see Brit mentioned :eyes::eyes: finally an excuse to use my real accent, get in

2 Likes

Yup, this is a BRIT positive space.
Even if my accent is just. a mess.

3 Likes

:triumph:finally, a place I can call home. Nah jk. I really never realised how Worcester would be an iffy word for non-Brits lmao. What’s your accent?

1 Like

This sounds fun. My accent is southern. Sweet Home Alabama.

1 Like

I would love to bust out some accents :grin:

1 Like

Do you need an Indian accent? Asking for a friend.

1 Like

Essex. But not really. Like at all.
It’s what happens when you have a welsh mother, a Londoner for a father, and an inability to adjust to the American speech patterns.

1 Like

Heck yeah! Let’s get all types of accents out there.

1 Like

I feel like a fun place to start might be with something as simple as how you’d greet your close friends. And that has pretty easy potential for collab material.

1 Like

Great idea! (Arkansas girl, here)

1 Like

:pleading_face: I’ll have you know that folks in Massachusetts know how to pronounce Worcester, though I was just on the phone with a Texan and his pronunciation was cursed.

2 Likes

But don’t y’all also pronounce Norfolk like “noor-folk” instead of “nor-fuk” the way it should be?
Or is that Virginians?

1 Like