Abuse of hashtags?

Like, I really understand why you’d tag things in popular hashtags to get a larger following/more eyes on you, but it actually l really frustrates me, especially when I’m looking for specific content.
Does anybody else find themselves less likely to like a video which has been completely incorrectly hash tagged, or is that just me?
Like when people post screaming in the soothing channel too.

19 Likes

I avoid this on Byte, because the hashtag is limited to three, but elsewhere like on TikTok it’s almost a requirement if you’re trying to get the algorithm to pick up your content. I hate doing it, to be honest. It feels distracting and scummy.

3 Likes

It’s starting to happen on byte as well, even with the three limit.

1 Like

It might just be an issue with social media itself and Byte can’t escape it. Limiting is good though

3 Likes

this is what worries me about channels too. hopefully they can get some kind of moderation on it soon.

6 Likes

Which is why I’ve always talked about moderation in this forums. I literally don’t go into the populat hashtags anymore, since they are littered with content that has nothing to do with it

4 Likes

I just want my soothing cottage core content

3 Likes

same girl

1 Like

Maybe hashtags should be moderated. Maybe there shouldn’t be a difference between categories and hashtags

1 Like

i also understand why people are doing it. this was also something a lot of people did on vine.
and unfortunately people will keep doing this, but I hope there will be a solution for it.

1 Like

It’s ok we’re sick of u too

1 Like

furries deserve to go in /pets get it right

2 Likes

there’s no cottagecore under cottagecore :pensive:

5 Likes

F in the chat

4 Likes

Agreed. When I’m scrolling through the ugly baby pics tag it takes me about 15 videos to find a video actually related to the tag. And in my case , if I don’t know what a tag means I’ll look it up and if I can’t think of anything to post to it I won’t bother it. I know people do it due to wanting to “blow up” and we all want our content seen but it’s really annoying.

4 Likes

hey if y’all wanna look at weeb content the anime hashtag is all about anime lmao

1 Like

My cottagecore is in cottagecore. BUT THIS IS MY MAIN COMPLAINT GIVE ME BREADBAKING VIDEOS AND CUTE VINTAGE CLOTHES AND PLANTS AND POETRY NOT weird straight man screams for five seconds.

5 Likes

I know exactly what video you’re talking about :joy:

1 Like

It’s been more than one.

1 Like

I don’t know if this is a joke (I think it is?) but in january/february that was legit discord that showed up in the forums every day. The furry videos were constantly posted on /cosplay and /pets because there weren’t hashtags yet

1 Like