About the app being postponed

guys I think the answer to this is kind of obvious. after reading and rereading the post, the problems all boil down to one thing right? money. well I know a couple thousand people that are in love with the idea of this app and Dom. you guys remember the “we treat Dom like a God” thread? yeah so do I. and I don’t want this to be the end. so I propose that we start a kickstarter. if everyone who is super hyped about the app puts in just a few dollars (or more if you can afford it) Dom won’t have to turn to investors. there may be complications that I am unaware of, so feel free to tell me this is an idiotic idea if it is.

14 Likes

i agree. if even half of the people who watch the compilations and cry themselves to sleep, actually want v2 to happen and participate, there’ll be no problem.

3 Likes

I like this! This is a great idea, and I can afford it. Anything for V2!

3 Likes

then let’s get it started!!! I just got paid today, and can afford to put in $50 today

3 Likes

I hope Dom sees this post! It’s a great idea

3 Likes

So soon?? I feel like we should wait for more of what Dom is going to say today… But yeah, still a nice idea!!

1 Like

I was thinking about a fundraiser type thing but I didn’t know if that would be “unrealistic” or “far fetched” but good to know people are thinking the same thing !

1 Like

I feel like it couldn’t hurt. even if he does turn to investors, the extra money will be a help. The sooner we can spread hype about the kickstarter the better.

1 Like

i really think it’s gonna work!! many people have been waiting for this for so long and since i live in a hell hole, i swear i’ll try my best to help and spread the word. we’re just gonna have to see what Dom has to say about this.

1 Like

I’m glad! I just know that I’ve invested too much into coming up with content for this to die. So I’m willing to do whatever it takes to keep it afloat!

3 Likes

Great minds think alike! I was thinking the exact same thing as soon as I read that! We have to tell Dom and come up with a figure!

2 Likes

yeah! I have no clue what kinds of numbers we would be talking about. But I know that legal fees can really get up there. and why not shoot for something that will not only help reduce stress, but make the best app possible. I don’t know if it is realistic, but maybe we shoot for $100,000?

3 Likes

also do you think it’s appropriate for me to categorize this as general discussion?

3 Likes

I think it’s good !! did it for you!!

3 Likes

ok thanks! I’m just never sure what actually belongs there haha.

4 Likes

Yeah buddy!! We have to get creative with the patreon though. If you recall the series: “Don’t hug me I’m scared”, you will remember that they used a very clever means of raising money by giving viewers an ultimatum. The characters were being “kidnapped” and in order to rescue them, you had to donate funds. They easily raised over $100,000! We can come up with our own creative method.

2 Likes

Yeah! maybe we could use a platform like youtube and for every monetary milestone, we post a video that we have created! like stuff we were going to use on V2! so that way we can get our stuff out there and raise money at the same time!

3 Likes

Woah. Woah. Let’s think about the possibility of having fake kickstarters. Just like how Twitter is filled with fake v2 accounts that have tens of thousands of followers. I love this idea, but it spells trouble.

2 Likes

Bingo!! I was going to do this but since this was your idea, I encourage you to. What we have to do now is gather interest. I suggest you start a thread at some point later in the day(when more people discover the news) just seeing who is willing to unite and save V2.:grinning::grinning:

1 Like

but what if there’s only one that’s official? i mean if Dom finds out about this, maybe he can do something about the fake ones, i really don’t know but i think it’s the best solution

1 Like