Ability to pin your best bytes to the top of your page

It would be really nice if we had the ability to select a few of our best bytes to pin to the top of our page so that when new viewers check out our pages they are shown “the good shit” first to better entice them to follow. Of course there may need to be a limit on how many bytes you can have pinned at a time, and maybe it would help to put a little indicator of where your “pinned” or “featured” section starts and ends.

9 Likes

I completely agree with this :clap:

1 Like

I like this idea; it’s similar to twitter, in the sense that twitter allows you to pin one tweet

2 Likes

Or a way to filter bytes by “most recent” (how it is now) or “most liked”(likely your best bytes)

2 Likes

I think this has been thrown around before here, and I don’t remember if there was any staff members saying it was being considered. I personally think it’s an amazing idea, this or a playlist on your own feed that you can put together with your best bytes

3 Likes

Good idea. That way, people aren’t turned off from scrolling down further when they see that the Byte at the top of my page is smelly garbage and the ones further down are less-smelly garbage, more like a recycling bin

2 Likes

I think if there were like 2 tabs on our pages where we could have pinned or favorite bytes in one and then our most recent bytes would be best because pinning bytes to the top would mean people visiting who already follow you would have to swipe past them every time because they’ve already seen them. Or if there was going to be a pinned byte I think it should be limited to 1 like twitter.

2 Likes

Well you can solve that issue by either setting a limit on how many pins you’re allowed or code it so that only people who don’t already follow you see the pinned bytes.

1 Like

I also like the idea of having 2 tabs at the top, one for pinned bytes and one for most recent. Then they could code it so non-followers see the pinned bytes tab by default, and followers see most recent by default, and then both can select the tab they want to view from there.

2 Likes

Love the idea, but there are a bunch of other posts asking for the same idea.

(Locked) https://community.byte.co/t/pinned-bytes/42893

3 Likes