A vent forum

i have seen a lot of gloom in the byte community, especially from the people who’ve been here since the launch or even sooner. the influx of new people is scary and i know that some of the things that are being said are disgusting. i haven’t received a lot of the backlash because apparently “i’m cool” so they’ve left me alone, but i know that a lot of you have suffered. you guys are the blueprint & what makes the og byte community great. i wanted to make this for the people who feel like they need to “talk it out”. it’s stressful seeing a new dynamic.

i hope that good things come out of this, even though it’s a rocky start. i think that if we work together, we can bridge the gap between worlds and make a larger and more loving community than ever before.

21 Likes

Yes :heavy_heart_exclamation:

4 Likes

I appreciate youuuuu

3 Likes

& i appreciate u! y’all are great & don’t deserve the backlash.

3 Likes

at first i found it funny but now they’re going to far with it lol instead of people trying to find other alt tiktokers they resort to sending in a bunch of comments that people are taking offence to and they’re not realising (maybe some not caring enough to realise)

5 Likes

i feel that. it seems like they’re becoming the very thing that they despised

4 Likes

3 Likes

I think some of them are actually trying to hurt people enough that they leave the app.

7 Likes

i mean some of them literally are and that’s why they’re saying to bully them off this app

2 Likes

I am not mad that there are new users. What angers me is that they are re-uploading TikTok’s into the Byte app.
We didn’t sign-up on Byte to see people lip-syncing or posting “relatable” videos over some remixed music; leave that on TikTok.

I came because I wanted to see straight-to-the-point videos similar to Vine.

5 Likes

well they are succeeding, I’ve heard of at least two people leaving, and several more thinking. I keep seeing people in the forums saying that these are jokes or coping mechanisms, but it’s really not…

8 Likes

Personally I’m not fussed about the tiktok kids showing up I more annoyed by the insistence on defining ourselves by what “Gen” we are and how gross that is in and of itself. In addition people generally just being assholes all of a sudden (of all ages). I just want to come back next week when this has all simmered down and the new lot all return to tiktok which isn’t going anywhere anyway.
Glad more people are using, not enjoying the “Drama”.

7 Likes

i’ve seen it too. it’s sad to see some people go because the app got too overwhelming. hopefully there’s some form of user regulations on the way so that way you can distance yourself from unwanted content or people. blocking has gotten too taxing and pointless for some. i have faith that the dust will settle soon & we can all live on byte relatively peacefully.

3 Likes

I just want to know how these people treat their parents? Or siblings? Like I don’t understand. They do keep saying it’s how they cope, but that’s such… bull? When did bullying others become an acceptable coping mechanism? Most of the comments on my bytes have been the “no :heart:” which is fine, but the rude comments are not okay.

6 Likes

Well you see my mom and dad aren’t around neither are my siblings I treat my mom like a human being I don’t treat my dad like a human being I don’t talk to my sister so I guess that’s how I treat my parents and siblings

1 Like

Bullying is not okay but humor and slight sarcasm is my way to cope so it is not bull

2 Likes

Hi I’m one of those tiktokers. Let me explain something. Alt TikTok is basically the “rejects” of TikTok. We are the ones that TikTok tried to silence. Anybody who didn’t fit their straight white skinny dancer narrative. So we kind of created our own community and humor. Most of these kids are like 13. Fairy comments are so sarcastic and never to be taken seriously. We’re not actually trying to kick people off it’s just a joke. It’s kinda how we all bond with each other??? It would honestly be nice if the “millennials” would comment back to us in stupid fairy comments. It’s funny. I also do want to make it very clear that we do not condone racism or homophobia ever.

5 Likes

& the sarcasm is totally fine - I use sarcasm daily. I’m just talking about the people bullying others because there is lots of them currently. I’m not upset with the emoji comments or no comments, etc - I’m upset with those actually harassing others and those are the people who I wonder how they treat their family.

6 Likes

It seriously broke my heart when in all the chaos I’d see someone I know in my comments say

“Hey I’m out. Just wanted to reach out. Nice “meeting” you.

I felt so fucking sad.

The byte creators kept this place BARELY alive. We even thought the byte team left us. All of OG’s left us. Everyone tried sooooo hard to keep everyone interested and to stick around and then this happened? The byte fam greeted everyone at the door and everyone spit in their face.

Seriously I can’t say enough on how appalled I am for what happened.

10 Likes

This really isn’t about the fairy comments or the “no :heart:“ or anything like that. This is just the negative sector of people telling people to kill themselves and/or leave app, and other non-sarcastic straight-up rude comments.

As long as you’re not doing that, this thread is not about you :slight_smile:

5 Likes