A super vent

what am i missing? ive been on this happy for so long, and i’m lucky to get 6 likes. How have ppl been on for less than a day getting so much interaction?It’s the exact same content i have been posting. What is the difference. I’m low key frustrated asf, I’m about to bounce.

5 Likes

Perhaps engagement? Not getting your name out there for others to see.

1 Like

Is it #altbyte content? Most OG Byte folks aren’t getting the same level of interaction as the new kids, they sort of have their own clique, thus the thousands of likes

7 Likes

I know what you mean. It’s just most people who came from Tiktok are only following other people who came from Tiktok. So, there’s a large group of people who are liking each other’s content. So they are not getting/seeing your bytes.

1 Like

wdym? i had gained a few followers pretty steadily in the beginning, I seemed to be growing just like everyone else and the app as a whole. It just stopped though it’s almost like being shadowbanned, but I don’t think Byte does that?

1 Like

I feel like i can’t find any of Byte Creators bc of it. I’m not angry people are joking Byte, I think it’s so cool how it’s growing. I can’t not get frustrated tho it feels like a major slap in the face😪

1 Like

would you mind sending a link to your profile/dropping your username, i wanna check it out.

it does suck to be here for ages and not be able to find the og byters because of the trolls/tiktoks flooding, but perhaps in a few days things will settle down.

2 Likes

yes it’s alt byte. I have always had that type of content tho, and my tiktok is also alt, so that’s why i’m so confused?? My following on Byte is also double what it is on tiktok, but i’m getting the same amount of interaction on both- which is basically none. I have also been on Bute for a long time, I have always used it more than Tiktok. I guess i’m just frustrated that the creators that just joined byte, who have content very similar to mine, have gotten so much interaction. Whereas, I’ve been trying since January/February. It really feels almost exactly like a shadowban, but i know Byte doesn’t censor.

that would mean so much! my username is @ewitsjulie

3 Likes

It must be this. Right now the tiktok crew is boosting each other up and flooding everything else. If you weren’t part of “their group” you are probably getting drowned like the rest of us

2 Likes

hopefully my Your Mix page will get back to normal soon to help me connect with other Byte Creators. I would love to do support other Byters, I just can’t find any other than who i’m following. :disappointed_relieved:

yeah, it’s not a great moment to find byters right now… even finding tiktokers (new byters) is hard because they keep posting in random categories without rhyme nor reason

2 Likes

i wonder if the app creators can see that? maybe they can do something to help like another category or something? Maybe it will die down after a few days? I’m just feeling beat bc so many of us have been trying so hard for months to build up our accounts, and so many tiktok creators were able to drown us out in a day

1 Like

They might have brought their followers with them- a lot of tiktok people moving over came over with their little hype group intact- they’ve been interacting with others aggressively and using hashtags…
and dumb luck.

I’ve actually seem a massive increase in my followers etc with this influx. I mean, not as big as the new people coming in, but I’ve gained over 100 followers in the past two days, over 10k loops, and hit my first 1k liked video.

2 Likes

true. It is kind of a loss for Byte Creators bc the app is still so new. None of us got to bring a following with us, we were working to gain one here. I’m sure it will be okay

Right now I hope with time the algorithm will get better and people will have reach regardless, but that still won’t do much if zommers have this “us vs them” mentality and only seek people who came from tiktok

1 Like

I think we need to create a new hashtag that “classic” Byters will use.

#ByteClassic ? Idk we just need something to help us find “Byte” content.

1 Like

that’s a rlly good idea. I feel like with a hashtag though it would be way to get abused and then back to square one. I don’t think there is a “fix” though, a hashtag is probably the best option

1 Like