A song that always makes you cry?

Do you have a song which, without fail?

I have a whole playlist, but the one which’s been hitting my really hard lately is “everywhere” by billy bragg.
It follows the narrative of a young American man during World War II, and his best friend, a japanese American man called Lee. Lee is interned, and ends up committing suicide after being released due to the prejudice he faces- the narrator dies in the Philippines fighting.

9 Likes

do not disturb - drake

1 Like

That’s what friends are for!

1 Like

Xxtenations - change

3 Likes

girl from the north country by bob dylan

2 Likes

Oh my god. That song is gorgeous.
When I saw george Ezra perform, he did a pretty amazing cover of it.

1 Like

I physically can’t cry but I do feel some type of way (in a good way) for Fly High! by Burnout Syndromes. I just get super inspired to workout for five hours

1 Like

Alone Again Naturally, but cover by Diana Krall/Michael Buble

1 Like

I don’t think I really do have one. There were a few sad ones by Sam Smith that I enjoy but I don’t actually physically cry to songs.

One strong contender is North by Sleeping At Last

1 Like

I cry so easily I Don’t understand

Fantasy from Khai Dreams always managed to get me in a feel but like satturnny said crying is just a no no for me

1 Like

Alone - Trampled By Turtles
Trouble - Trampled By Turtles
Play Crack The Sky - Brand New
Clairvoyant - The Story So Far
Empty - Ray LaMontagne
Take My Breath Away - Mayday Parade

the list goes on…I have a lot of melancholy music
Doesn’t make me cry necessarily…but what I listen to on my not-so-great days.

5 Likes

How do y’all not cry?
Like, I manage not to cry at work, but that’s the only place I don’t cry.
I cry in my car a lot too, just listening to music.

1 Like

I cry a lot. Make no mistake
I’m generally a melancholy person overall. Most days are my not-so-great days.
I am alone 100% of the time since this quarantine thing started and I generally have nobody to talk to…which leaves me ample time to stay in my head.

This could get real depressing real fast so imma shush. But know that I cry…a lot.
I am an anxious mess today…so…excuse me.

2 Likes

I get you.
Music is nice. Honestly, I’ve been using podcasts a lot too.
Luckily, I have roommates, but they’re all introverts, so I have to be super careful that I’m not dragging them down with my like, constant need for human interaction.

1 Like

I’m very introverted as well. I tend to shy away from face to face interaction, but I don’t mind interaction in this (textual format) or like…messaging.
But I run out of the ability to communicate effectively in general very quickly…my social battery is small and I need a lot of time to recover.

I’m not an open book myself, but I’ll sit and listen to someone else talk about themselves all day.

1 Like

Idk for me it’s like I can’t do it. I listen to sad music alot and get lost in my thoughts but I just can’t. I try to keep things positive even if I’m not feeling too great. They say don’t force your tears but I can’t help but wonder if I can do it. It’s a rare occurrence

“It’s Quiet Uptown” from “Hamilton”. No matter how many times I listen to this entire album and I know what’s coming, this song always punches me in the nose.

1 Like

me neither fam :sweat_smile: when something is sad or depressing I just look dead

1 Like

mama by boys to men be makin my neck choke

1 Like