A question for all you southern folks

So I’m from the north where snow is on the ground half of the year, and during spring break people go south, like Florida, Hawaii, Arizona, Mexico, etc. But I wonder, where do people from the south go for spring break if they’re already in the south?

7 Likes

Well I live in the middle of the desert, but if I do go somewhere for breaks, it’s usually somewhere in the south where it’s greener, or to the beach (also in the south)

3 Likes

I stay home & sleep loll

5 Likes

We go even more south, aka Florida (any costal beaches)

Or more east, South Carolina (more costal spots there as well)

Unless you’re about that fancy life traveling anywhere else but the south :gem::airplane:

5 Likes

below the equator :joy::rofl:friends from Georgia go to Florida.
Friends from Florida go to Mexico or Cuba…
there’s always a warmer fish. lol

2 Likes

Californian here. We just drive, like, a few hours away and it’s a completely different climate. Travel is easy when your state is practically a country

3 Likes

Thats the thing in florda, there are two weathers. Hot and rain . so usually some a bit more north

3 Likes

When I lived in north Carolina i went to the outerbanks. But most go to the mountains or myrtle beach.

2 Likes

Feel like if you live in florida you either drive to the beach nearby or go out to some far distant beach somewhere else

1 Like

Jake and I live in Florida where there’s a ton to do. People from Florida may go to the local beaches, the natural springs, Key West, Destin, Clearwater, Tampa, cruises out of Cape Canaveral, the zoo’s and museums, sometimes theme parks if not to busy. If traveling, normally just to the other southern states like Georgia, the Carolina’s, Louisiana, etc. But of course there’s also international travel most people go to the Caribbean cause it’s so close. :beach_umbrella: :crocodile: :passenger_ship: :flamingo: :roller_coaster:

2 Likes

For my family there was a lot of spring breaks like this lol. We frequent the Key West beaches a lot. I also really enjoy Destin! It’s a good change of pace from the normal Daytona and New Smyrna area. :hugs: :sunny:

1 Like

For my family there was a lot of spring breaks like this…

My Response:

Yeah I went out to the beach several times to Clearwater beach. People outside of florida always we think we go to the beach all the time, but the reality is most people don’t live that close to it or near it at all

I visit family in a less hot state, like Missouri, but then I end up thinking 65 degrees is freezing

Too broke to travel, I stay in the north lol

1 Like

Is Texas considered north?

I meant south* smh

@plushbeats I enjoy clearwater. I live like 30 minutes away from the beach and I used to go almost every week when I was younger but now I hardly ever go because I don’t have time. I wish I had time so I could learn how to surf. :surfing_woman: -sunshine :sunflower:

1 Like

mmm maybe the top part of Texas?

Once work life starts to take over, that’s pretty much it, no more work relaxing time :disappointed: But that’s just life as one gets older. That’s why I’m on the byte forums like everyone here trying to follow my passion. #byte

I wasn’t hating, I was surprised bc I didn’t know if my friend had moved to the north or not and I had no idea :joy: I was thinking “wasn’t it Texas or did I remember wrong?”

1 Like