A message from Piques

Here is the truth, Now Can we show him some love :heartbeat:

7 Likes

Idk how to feel about this

3 Likes

can someone give some context to this? I only know Piques from a Drew Gooden video making fun of him.

7 Likes

This is the context.

As for the message, who do you trust more, businessinsider/mic/JoUrNaLisM or the word of someone?

In this scenario? I don’t know. Not familiar with him, not a fan of media but I can understand why he doesn’t wanna be here.

3 Likes

If that’s true that they asked for money to be on vine the only person who might be knowing all this is @dom

2 Likes

That might be true but I think at this point, it might be smarter to drop the topic. Seems pretty sensitive. Especially if it sounds like either people are getting blackmailed or whatever.

6 Likes

See the topic should not be dropped because it should be cleared my opinion

2 Likes

Iv definitely seen these rumors but never knew if it was true or not. Piques content was freakin awesome and the people he worked with too. Would’ve been cool if he joined us on byte

2 Likes

I agree, the article says about the whole crew was asking for ransom for being on vine and due to that they are getting hate on byte. The crew is I guess (Christian Delgrosso, BigNick, Cameron Dallas, Justsul, Logan, Jake, David Dobrik and people who were famous on vine in that days) maybe we should do something about this article if it’s fake or wrong

1. I’m reading through this article and it doesn’t really seem like there is any real bad-actors in it; just two parties at a log jam. I also take it at face value as Business Insider isn’t exactly a source that is consistently unreliable and it cross-refrences other articles.
  2. I get the impression that a lot of Byte’s structure is in response to those shortcomings that the Viners were bringing up.
  3. I also think Byte is dedicated to developing and retaining it’s own talent versus chasing former giants. So, it’s fine if Piques never comes back.
11 Likes

I don’t understand the context of the screenshot. What does he mean by “Can you show me” and later on followed up with a paragraph. I saw the article and I’m kinda aware of this…I agree with @Lacieyl… & @AmericasComic

I’ll recommend checking out the Byte FAQ

https://community.byte.co/faq

3 Likes

he’s not an asshole for the million dollar thing, he’s an asshole for the misogynistic jokes lol

will not be showing him any love but that’s my take xo

9 Likes

I dunno if this should go here or the other discussion, but to me what the Viners did was use collective action (like an informal union) to demand pay that they felt they were entitled to and negotiations fell apart and so they took the labor elsewhere.

Considering that we’re all creators here, I’m wary about judging him for asking more money, because doing so devalues important negotiating tools for us as workers or potential workers.

2 Likes

I didn’t enjoy his content the first time around, and wouldn’t engage in it the second time around.
That being said, I also wouldn’t actively level hate against him.

Now, there’s other former viners who I do feel shouldn’t be given any platform, on byte or otherwise.

5 Likes

Now, there’s other former viners who I do feel shouldn’t be given any platform, on byte or otherwise.

you don’t need to say his name, we all know who you’re talking about - the kid in the “it’s an avocado, thanks!” video.

7 Likes

Wait wait, ya’ll ain’t talking about the “chipotle is lifeeee” kid?

2 Likes

Whatever or not you’re joking, I’m using this as an excuse to post this;

7 Likes

LOL it was joke but both annoy me :skull::skull: I’ve just accepted it. I wonder how they both are rn

3 Likes

I was at a party earlier this year and this woman swore up and down that she went to college with the “it’s an avocado” kid and I believed her until tonight when I looked him up and the kid is…6. So probably quarantined at home.

Fun story; what you’re watching in the video is the kid preparing for his third birthday coming up. He wanted to unwrap the presents in the right day so a couple of days before, his parents gave him practice presents so he could unwrap them and show proper appreciation

8 Likes

I WOULD NEVER! Shocked

1 Like