A message from Gen Z

On behalf of Gen Z, we want to extend our warmest greetings to our new Byte family. As I’m sure you have heard, Tik Tok, our former home, will possibly soon shut down. While this loss is great, our gain seems to be greater. Your platform is a clean slate, harmonious, and full of so much potential. Please, take all comments on your video with a pinch of salt. Most of us come from alternative Tik Tok; a place notoriously known for sarcastically witty comments and out of place humor. If anyone comments anything that could be seen as harmful, please block and/or report them. Just as the original Byters want to keep things positive, the majority of us want to help cultivate a diverse and inclusive community as well.

45 Likes

This! Love to see this positive energy on here! :))

11 Likes

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

6 Likes

stan gen z for clear skin

8 Likes

This is very nice and appreciated and not to hate but “witty” is a pretty strong word. Love you though!

3 Likes

Welcome to byte!! It’s awesome to see so many new people enjoying the app. Even if their content isn’t the type of content that everyone likes, things will soon settle down and everyone will have their niche :smile:

5 Likes

highkey tempted to say stan us for clear skin and a snatched waist and a phat :flushed: but yk i’m being mature and keeping it family friendly​:relieved:

6 Likes

:flushed: LMAO same i-

4 Likes

thanks for this! and welcome to byte :sunglasses::dizzy:

we can all become a byte family if the tiktokers will accept :eyes:

4 Likes

Some do take it a pinch of salt some don’t it takes all kinds i guess no worry thanks for coming along to the forum for what seems only to apologies. That’s really thoughtful of you and i’m sure if you see comment going out of hand that you’ll know when to take action and report! Also thanks for also understanding that it’s still a new app and more stuff ARE on it’s way but it may take a bit to get it where everyone wants cause it’s still just a small team! Trust me all jokes aside when this trend blows over I think we could ba on the verge of something great! Welcome to BYTE!

3 Likes

It would be even more nice if you Gen Z kids held eachother accountable, but maybe that’s just too much work compared to commenting dumb stuff :pensive:

7 Likes

Hiya guys, back on the scene. If anyone needs or wants help I’m here for you. If you guys want to talk about Byte also hit up my socials, I’m down to talk to y’all

2 Likes

But for real… Stan Gen Z for clear skin :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Hi! Millennial Rep Here! We too want to see an amazing and creative community here. We’re still trying to understand the new lingo, but please understand it can be a little jarring at first to see something that at first impression, can look like hate or negativity. Some of us speak fluent Gen Z (either because we have siblings, work in the media industry, or have kids/nieces/nephews that are Gen Z) but we are thrilled you guys are here to shake things up. Agreed - everyone will have their niche - and we’re excited to see how you youngin’s contribute to the shaping of this platform. Also - the OG Byters are happy to share their knowledge if you guys need help. Let’s learn together. :hearts:

7 Likes

Welcome! :partying_face::revolving_hearts: we are so happy to have you! My daughter loved alt tiktok and I hope you all find a home here!

3 Likes

No worries. I’m doing my part. I can only hope that others think about what they comment before they comment. And maybe, me correcting someone could lead to less hate towards our millennial brothers and sisters :sunglasses::heart:

4 Likes

:sob: :sob: :sob:

1 Like

This is the kind of community engagement that I like to see. Although there is much work to be done, we’re on the road to reconciliation. This Gen X’er is pleased.

6 Likes

Im dyingggg

2 Likes

Lmao, as a Gen Z we will destroy you with the oily skin if not