A Guide to Help With Self-Confidence on Byte

Hey guys, I hear the same thing from time to time on the forums/discord that people are too shy/embarrassed to make the things that they want to make on Byte and I just wanna list a few pointers on this to give you guys a self-confidence booster.

1. Most, if not, all the people that say your vids are “cringey” and other discouraging things are your family/friends and it’s because you are around them 24/7 so for them to see you say/do things out of the ordinary is going to be a bit weird for them. With that being said, do NOT take things to heart. It’s expected for them to say things like this but the real people you want to like your content are random people that you’ve never met.
  2. Take lots of pics/videos of yourself so that you can get used to your voice and face. A lot of the time, people, including me, are like “this is so cringey” (talking about you’re own video) because just like the first point, you’re doing something out of the ordinary. If you just familiarize yourself with how you sound/look, you’ll gain more confidence in posting videos.
  3. Typically people overthink things like “they are totally talking about me.” And stuff like that so if you have those thoughts about let’s say, people in your school when you make bytes, just don’t. You’re not in the center of everyone’s universe and nobody will be talking negatively about your bytes 24/7 behind your back cuz that’s just a big, dumb waste of time. And if they actually do, don’t let that discourage you from posting more because this is YOUR dream, not theirs!!
  4. Have fun! Kinda a piggy back off of number 3’s point, but if you’re going to constantly stress about what other people think, then you will never have fun on Byte. Just make stuff because YOU wanna make it. Don’t do it for other people.
  5. Once you get Byte, don’t constantly check every two seconds the comments/likes you get on your posts. That’s only going to make you feel more stressed and insecure because let’s say you post something that you think is funny and you get no comments, you’ll be annoyed, but like I said in number 4, don’t make stuff for other people. Do it because you think it’s funny/creative and because you genuinely enjoy it.
    These 5 main points should help you all out with not being embarrassed/insecure to post on Byte. If you have any questions about this, lemme know! :blush:
27 Likes

thank you ben, very cool

6 Likes

No problem! :blush:

4 Likes

This was very helpful and informative! Thank you :blush:

8 Likes

No problem!! And ty! :smile:

4 Likes

You know better than anyone else bout some stuff I been going through and this just reassures me that you are an amazing human being. No matter how I seem to show myself on the internet, I don’t truly express my true feelings for the reason of being shamed and not understood or ignored. I just put on this “over-the-top” man ego that destroys how I want people to see me. Maybe I’ll be more confident in the future but this helps a lot and kinda eases my self loathing up w little. Thanks Benny :heart:

8 Likes

Of course Alex!! I also sometimes lack the self confidence and doubt myself a lot about making bytes but it’s so stupid thinking about that like we all gotta remember why we joined the forums in the first place and that was to make content not caring about what other think. Anyway, you the man Alex and hopefully everyone follows you in being more confident in the future! :pray::heart::heart:

3 Likes

This just gave me the self confidence boost I needed​:sob: thank you because i was stressing about what’s going to happen when I post my videos on there but I have to have fun with my videos and be comfortable when I’m recording. I gonna keep trying this, and I hope we all know each other on the app in the future :blue_heart:

2 Likes

Yes!! I’m so glad it helped you! :blush::blush: also another tip that may help you is to try living in the moment like don’t think about what will happen ahead in the future just think about the now, gain some ideas for bytes and then later on you can think about posting and stuff like that! Hope we all know each other as well! :blush::heart:

thanks for talking about this, here if you feel down

1 Like

this is why you are the next legendary expert

6 Likes

LOL thanks Rafiq! :call_me_hand::love_you_gesture:

3 Likes

Really appreciate this, its still going to be hard gaining the ability to do so even after reading this however it does help and is a step in the right direction. Thanks.

3 Likes

No problem!!

2 Likes

well said chief

4 Likes

Aye @Benf this is a great post. I honestly believe a lot of entertainers deal with mental health issues.Your biggest enemy could be your own brain. And I appreciate you addressing this.

4 Likes

Ty! I agree so much. Mental health is something that’s often overlooked and that’s why I wanted to address this! :blush:

4 Likes

thanks Ben. this is really helpful a ton. thanks again

2 Likes

No problem Arf!

1 Like

BDB energy

1 Like