Hey guys, I hear the same thing from time to time on the forums/discord that people are too shy/embarrassed to make the things that they want to make on Byte and I just wanna list a few pointers on this to give you guys a self-confidence booster.
- Most, if not, all the people that say your vids are “cringey” and other discouraging things are your family/friends and it’s because you are around them 24/7 so for them to see you say/do things out of the ordinary is going to be a bit weird for them. With that being said, do NOT take things to heart. It’s expected for them to say things like this but the real people you want to like your content are random people that you’ve never met.
- Take lots of pics/videos of yourself so that you can get used to your voice and face. A lot of the time, people, including me, are like “this is so cringey” (talking about you’re own video) because just like the first point, you’re doing something out of the ordinary. If you just familiarize yourself with how you sound/look, you’ll gain more confidence in posting videos.
- Typically people overthink things like “they are totally talking about me.” And stuff like that so if you have those thoughts about let’s say, people in your school when you make bytes, just don’t. You’re not in the center of everyone’s universe and nobody will be talking negatively about your bytes 24/7 behind your back cuz that’s just a big, dumb waste of time. And if they actually do, don’t let that discourage you from posting more because this is YOUR dream, not theirs!!
- Have fun! Kinda a piggy back off of number 3’s point, but if you’re going to constantly stress about what other people think, then you will never have fun on Byte. Just make stuff because YOU wanna make it. Don’t do it for other people.
- Once you get Byte, don’t constantly check every two seconds the comments/likes you get on your posts. That’s only going to make you feel more stressed and insecure because let’s say you post something that you think is funny and you get no comments, you’ll be annoyed, but like I said in number 4, don’t make stuff for other people. Do it because you think it’s funny/creative and because you genuinely enjoy it.
These 5 main points should help you all out with not being embarrassed/insecure to post on Byte. If you have any questions about this, lemme know!