A few updates to channels

As of last night’s beta:

• First, we heard you loud and clear and brought back the Latest feed.

• We added an /other channel as a home for bytes that don’t yet belong in one of the main channels. It has its own spotlight, too.

• We’re all learning the ropes of these brand new channels together. Based on what we’ve seen since Friday, we’ve updated some of the channel descriptions and rules to clarify what belongs.

• If your post has been moderated out of a channel, it is NOT deleted. It still goes out to your followers and can show up in Your Mix. To avoid confusion, though, we also plan on building an activity notification letting you know that your post was removed.

• Now that the /other channel is in place, moderated posts are automatically recategorized there. You can still delete and repost if you can think of a more appropriate channel for it, but definitely still read the descriptions and rules to make sure. :slight_smile:

• Sometime later this week we will be adding channels based on your feedback and requests. We’re still working on the exact list and naming, but we know for sure that /gaming, /drawing+painting, and /absurd will be added.

That’s all for now! Thanks for testing this new update with us.

*byte team

60 Likes

sound good cami :upside_down_face: tysm

3 Likes

Excellent work! I’ve seen plenty of people mention that the latest updates have really sparked creativity and increased enthusiasm for the app. I’m among that crowd. This update is just so well organized and makes it easier to navigate through. It is a much better user experience. Thank you and keep up the great work!

7 Likes

Thank you for keeping the community informed! Looking forward to an even better Byte experience :smiley:

Thanks for the updates! Is there a reason you won’t call it “/art”?

4 Likes

Is absurd the trash channel ?

thank u cami pebble

2 Likes

What about /learning (or /education)? :eyes:

3 Likes

CRAZY EXCITED FOR /absurd YOU HAVE NO IDEA

Maybe I’m biased since I suggested the name, but this is so great! I loved Wierd and now I can’t wait to love /absurd. Excited to have a category home again!

5 Likes

I do think /education is a glaring category that needs to be on the app yesterday. Even if it was only @ThinkFact making educational bytes, he alone is a pillar enough of this community to justify it. But his bytes have actually inspired other byters to try their hands at educational content (and even other byters who on their own just make edu videos!) so they need a section of the app they can call their own.

Would love to see a wave of educational content grace our feeds (though, I will say: watching ThinkFact spiral in the /funny section over no edu category home has been fantastic and hilarious)

18 Likes

Thank you little cam…

Sorry for calling you that…

1 Like

I think there should be an edit button soon where you can edit your caption if you did it wrong, and edit the category if a user wants to change it from other

2 Likes

The rules being clear is the best update

2 Likes

Yay

1 Like

Thank you for the update! Stoked to have Latest back, and can’t wait to see what folks post in /absurd :smile:.

5 Likes

Sounds great, thanks for the update!

2 Likes

This definitely is a step in the right direction.

Thanks for taking the feedback, listening, understanding and implementing it.

It’s one of my favorite things about byte.

Can I suggest pinning this?

4 Likes

These updates are just getting better every update!!!

3 Likes

I am most fond of the bytes not fitting a category being recategorized into /other. Maybe one day we can have it recategorized straight to the proper category somehow. But the update looks great. :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

3 Likes

Amazing newsss!!!

2 Likes