A few things we're thinking about

This is pretty epic

5 Likes

Eager to see the changes to rebytes!

4 Likes

Also, I’ve been waiting on this

7 Likes

Dom thank you for supporting the creators and the viewers both. This is so huge!

6 Likes

Awesome news thanks Dom!!

4 Likes

This is fantastic, Dom! A particular Hallelujah for the new content discovery and algorithms! Thank you 100 times for listening to our feedback and making the changes needed in that area, especially de-emphasis on recency. It will make creating for this app so much more rewarding.

I’m also really excited about STEREO AUDIO :raised_hands: That is going to make bytes sound SO much better than they do now! I hope that one is added sooner rather than later, because I’m reluctant to upload some content I’ve been working on that relies heavily on superb audio.

Regarding Rebytes, please keep in mind that this is a very useful feature for those of us who do collabs with other creators. It lets us share our collabs with our followers. If it’s hobbled too much, that’ll make it more difficult to share those collabs. It would also be great if there was some way we could add rebytes to our own account page timeline so they appear with our own videos. Again, this would be a great feature for collabs that are posted by the other person’s account. I suggested a way to implement that a week ago.

I also agree with others who’ve asked for the ability to turn off seeing rebytes for certain people we follow. That feature might make those who abuse rebytes less likely to do so.

There’s one big thing missing from your list: Liking Comments! This would make things a lot easier for creators who want to respond in some way to comments left on our videos that don’t need a textual reply. Please consider adding that, it helps us stay engaged with people who take the time to leave a comment.

Really excited to see all these features arrive on the app, it gives me reassurance that things will keep getting better and better. Thank you!

16 Likes

Couldn’t have said it better myself

2 Likes

thanks tom. i’ll let the team (and myself) know about the audio. :slight_smile:

there shouldn’t be any major difference with rebytes that are used as intended, and we’ll post details in the algorithm changelog when we implement the change so that everyone is aware of what’s different

we are definitely planning on adding liking comments but it’ll be a little bit after we ship the things in this post

17 Likes

If improved audio was pushed up, that would make me (and I’m sure others) so happy!! Thanks a lot, Dom!

4 Likes

Everything sounds great. The only thing I’m not too keen on is the follower toggle. It just seems like it encourages exclusivity/othering. Otherwise thank you for all your hard work!

5 Likes

Reading this made my day so much better. Can’t wait for what the future updates bring :clap:

4 Likes

I’m excited to see these improvements…because the app is already fantastic! #hype4byte

2 Likes

I’m so excited rn

2 Likes

This is good to hear! Thank you for the update!

3 Likes

This is gonna be sick

3 Likes

Better UI that’s more Elegant and Cool.

Basically,

For You | Rebyte Button at the bottom in the Exact Middle
+ Button to Record & Shoot Video in the left part in the Bottom
Profiles Page Button in the right part in the bottom
Homepage button in right part of UI in top
Exit App Button in the left part of UI in top

That’s my Suggestion. @dom

PS: Oh Think about Samsung DeX Can Byte App Support Samsung DeX Feature?

From,
Suki the Hyper Fox.

2 Likes

exit app???

4 Likes

you know it’s same as close applications feature on android OS.

PS: what I’m Talking about is Closing Application so It don’t run in the Background. (Android Feature)

2 Likes

can you not just uhm press the home button

3 Likes

well mine I Hidden the Home Button Because One UI on Samsung Device Feature that I can just Hide Home Button…

2 Likes