A confession and apology to you guys

Hi all!

I have a confession and an apology to make to you guys (as the title states).
I haven’t been very active on byte or the forums lately, and there’s a reason for that. With the whole situation going on right now, I thought I could try different things, like build audiences on platforms other than byte. I decided to try to shift my priorities and spread them among multiple social media platforms.
Unfortunately, that was my mistake.
Instead of it working, what I got instead was me not having much fun with the other platforms and moving away from byte and its community towards other communities that may not be as inviting or friendly.
After a week of my messed-up life went by, I laid in my bed last night and realized that I was doing everything all wrong. Why should I be trying to build audiences and communities in other places…when I’m already building both on byte? Why should I be avoiding it? This is the most welcoming community I’ve ever come across, and I’m already wanting to leave it?
After examining my motives a bit, I realized that the ultimate problem is that I honestly just want friends. I originally got on byte for my own personal gain, but after being on it for (just about) two months now, I realized that it can’t be all about me. I want to interact with more people. I’m a born introvert who wants to more extroverted, but sometimes I’m too scared to take that next step and reach out to somebody.
So I’ll ask you guys: will you please accept my apology and be willing to accept me back in? I really, REALLY want to collab and meet with more of you guys, so please feel free to DM me on Instagram or Twitter at BITagent89! :slight_smile:

TL;DR: please forgive me for being an a$$hole and leaving byte for some other platform. I’m going back to making more byte content, but I also really want to be friends with you guys and make bytes with you! :grin:

12 Likes

You don’t own anyone an apology- do what is best for u - and don’t worry what others say - everyone got their own agenda.

Have a bless day, Henry

4 Likes

The apology is accepted, :persevere: and I’ll reach out to soon for a potential collab. I’ve been slacking on collab as well and lost motivation to upload. A lot of collabs pending but I’ve been busy with work & school, I try to find time as well to be active here.

I like your energy and content, keep it up. :star2::slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thanks! I feel the same way every now and then, so just remember that whenever you feel like that you’re not the only one. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

It’s ok to explore new things and honestly it may of been a good thing for you to leave! Just think now that you’re back you know where you want to be and it’s here :grin: there always good in things if you think about it!

2 Likes

U r right - Watching video on here and other platforms gives us ideas and inspirations for our future videos - u can’t grow being isolated in one thing - open ur mind to new possibilities - Henry

In reference to @Acadrien

3 Likes

You’re right. I kind of see it as that I tried new things and realized that maybe I’m not all that great at doing them and maybe I don’t have as much fun doing them. Therefore, I should go back to doing what I love. :grin:

2 Likes

You owe Byte nothing and Byte owes you nothing, so there’s no need to apologise. There’s nothing stopping you from being on several platforms. Lots of people are.

3 Likes