8 Second Byte vs 10 6 Second Bytes

Good afternoon everyone,

I am seeing posts here that Byte is being tested as 8 second on IOS, and I like this idea, more time for creativity, and mine is Android, so I was not aware of any update.

I think 8 seconds is good, and what I have been hoping for is actually the 10 6 second Bytes that Dom teased on a while back, it’s like Instagram, and people can slide through each 6 second Byte, and this, I believe, can bring more artists, such as Cook, DIY, Painters, Fitness Coaches, Computer Scientists and many more, because Byte supports longer videos.

Just my thoughts, I like 8 seconds a lot.

13 Likes

Honestly same and know they’ll be at least 1 person saying “oh 6,5 was WAAYYY better cause it pushed creativity” and as much as I don’t disagree you can still make your videos 6,5 seconds log lol nothing is stopping you

8 Likes

I think 8 seconds is fine as is. We should just appreciate the fact that the team listened & updated Byte to be able to record 8 seconds, as in “8-bit” lol. now Byte is no longer living under Vine’s shadow. Let’s all celebrate and thank the team :white_heart:

24 Likes

What I am afraid of… users will ask for more sec.

Computer scientist would approve 8-bit as 8 sec for Byte :star_struck::sparkles:

8 sec makes sense and hopefully it’s permanent limit. As @gemikun stated:

11 Likes

8 sounds perfect to me. It’s a Byte, 8 bits, 8 seconds. Enough to be different from Vine but still hold true to the short form style of the past. Enough differentiation from TikTok, which is key.

15 Likes

holy shit this is so big brain.

5 Likes

Yeah people are going to keep asking for more seconds but that 2 extra seconds is more than enough. Like Utz said :arrow_up: at least it stays true to vine’s short form style but still gives the creators that much needed extra 2 secs

6 Likes

this is major 8 sec it is

stonks_meme_1254

8 Likes

I’m all for it. It gives a creator more “options” so to speak. If for any reason a creator doesn’t like the 8 sec format, they can just create a 6 sec video. Easy peasy :man_shrugging:t4:

5 Likes

Couldn’t have said it better myself

3 Likes

Fax brother

3 Likes

So true! The team is working very hard!

2 Likes

I like the original 6 seconds, however the 2 extra seconds can be helpful.

4 Likes

I’m happy with 8 seconds too. But I’m an android user so i guess I have to wait.

5 Likes

So so so glad that the Byte team decided to add the extra time!!! I’m very thankful that our dream could become a reality! :raised_hands:t5::blush::raised_hands:t5: On with the old (6.5 second limit) and in with the new (8 second limit)!!! :smiley:

1 Like

I’m all for the 8 seconds but I wonder what that will do when it comes to byte beats? Seeing how they are all 4-6 seconds long. I wonder if they can still be used for 8 second videos?

I imagine the byte would be able to be 8 sec or less. So people could still make 4-6 bytes as well. It could be looked at as we have up to 8 sec to play with.

2 Likes

yeah, thats true…

The way they designed the beats to work is that they will be sped up or slowed down to fit the video’s length. :blush:

4 Likes

6-8 sec is good. although I prefer 6 sec

1 Like