16 second horror film contest

Hello creatures and ghouls!

Eh, that was tacky.

Well everyone, the time has come! The Goof House is hosting its first annual 16 second horror film contest. The premise is simple, execute a short horror story within 16 seconds & win some stuff if we like it.

What we’re looking for: a creepy byte, filmed in 16 seconds or less that manages to freak us out. The byte should captivate us and have at least some form of effort put into it.

What we’re not looking for: bytes relying on cheap jumpscares instead of a creepy premise. We are not looking for Bytes that are lazily made, or previously seen concepts (i.e. child on bed asks parent to check underneath bed for monsters. Parent checks under the bed and finds the same child there. Child says “there’s something in my bed” Spooky? Yes. Can you remake that? No.)

We will be accepting submissions starting October 1st and close submissions on October 29th at 11:59 pst. All submissions will be reviewed on the 30th and the winners will be announced on Halloween, October 31st.

One Grand Prize winner and two runner ups will be chosen.

Grand Prize winner will receive the following:

-Glow-in-the-dark #SinisterSaturday shirt (courtesy of AKAapparel.org & @paranoid_guy)
-Embroidered Byte logo dad hat
-TGH ‘Goof’ Sticker
-ThiccyNicky Sticker
-A follow from TheGoofHouse & all of its current members
-Your submission rebyted amongst all of our accounts.

2 runner ups will receive:
-a TGH ‘Goof’ sticker
-a follow from TGH byte account
-Your submission rebyted on TGH byte account

How to Enter:
Follow TheGoofHouse on Byte
Post your horror film, tag us in the description, and use the hashtag #BooTGH

Rules and regulations:

-Contest is open to residents of USA and Canada only
-No nudity allowed
-Nothing too explicit or gory
-In order to qualify, your submission MUST be submitted before 11:59 pst on 10/29

Good luck.

P.s. Tag some creators who you’d like to see participate!

28 Likes

i want a hat now damn it. lol #letsgoooooo

3 Likes

@imrdavis @DaLilithVampByter @onkelchrispy @The_Ginger @Kadenthistime @kevinsaxbyy @neefy @Adrioxas @Pulcheronbyte @njdb0276 @TheGreatJballz

7 Likes

Announcement post is up! https://byte.co/b/1tsXCTkwKKC

1 Like

Looks like someone has to enter the contest then :wink:

1 Like

I just hope I don’t scare y’all too much.

5 Likes

I’ll try make one but just for the fun!

2 Likes

Not open to us apparently my friend but best of luck

2 Likes

That’s in order to be eligible for the merch, sorry :confused: but I still encourage you to make one for the fun of it, we’d still share it on our end if we enjoyed it!

2 Likes

One question. Dad hat?

4 Likes

same

Piqued my interest. It’s for dad’s is it? Hmmmm :joy:

3 Likes

Understandable :slightly_smiling_face: I already make horror every Saturday for our Sinister Saturday tag & can confirm it is a lot of fun. Wishing luck to all participants

2 Likes

HAHAHA our generation calls hats, that aren’t snapbacks, dad hats. If you wear them, you have full permission to spew as many tacky jokes as possible :wink:

4 Likes

Oooo ooooooo!!!

4 Likes

So cosmic and psychological horror instead… I’m in (:<

4 Likes

Bump

4 Likes

@DaLilithVampByter @marlinsmash @MarkWalmark @AmericasComic :heart::heart::heart:

5 Likes

Hell yeah I’m down

4 Likes

SPOOKED YA

6 Likes